Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting my own project truck thread as I am almost halfway through the build and figured I should start documenting this project truck. I bought the truck in June 2020, so its been nonstop on this project. Id like to be completely done with it by April 2021.

I am doing this build in phases as that is how I have the budget broken down. I bought this truck just to tow stuff. This is my first diesel. I have a Tundra but my boat was 28' Offshore and just struggled. I sold the boat but still pull a 24' Enclosed Toy Hauler all over California and other states for roadracing so I need something reliable. Everyone then asks "why did you buy a 6.0 then" lol. Yes I know. That is why Bulletproofing was top priority. By the time I am done I could have bought a newer truck though ($38K). Owell. This one is paid for and I dont have to deal with DTF or whatever the hell that crap is. On to the build! Subscribe as I will be updating this as I move forward.

Phase 1 Motor build
Phase 2 Lift kit, shocks, steering stabilizer, Amp electric steps, complete front drivetrain rebuild, wheels and tires
Phase 3 Interior swap to gen 2016
Phase 4 Front end face lift

Phase 1:
  • ARP head studs
  • Bulletproof EGR
  • Bulletproof Oil Cooler delete to Air cooler swap
  • Sinister filter
  • This is complete!!
Phase 2:
  • 6.5" Icon lift
  • Front Fox Reservoir shocks
  • BDS Steering stabilizer with Fox Shocks
  • Amp Electric steps
  • Pure Grit 20x12 -40 offset Black/Machined rims
  • 37x13.5x20 Arturo Mud Terrains
  • Complete front end rebuild- Tie rods, ball joints, etc.
Phase 3:
  • 2013 Black leather seats
  • 2013 center console
  • 2010 Door panels
  • 2010 Dash
  • 2016 Gauge cluster
  • 2010 steering column
  • new black carpet
  • Noise deadening mats on the roof and floor
  • New black headliner
  • painted all trim panels black using interior paint
  • Alpine ilx-650 With Apple Car play, backup camera
  • Rockford Fosgate P2002 Amp for subs
  • 10" Rockford Fosgate subs in box behind back seat
  • 6"x8" Rockford Fosgate speakers for each door
I am still in phase 3. I have the seats, center console, carpet, noise dampening, headliner, sound system, door panels all installed. The only thing left is the dash. I have all the parts but am waiting for swaphelper.com to release the module for the steering column and cluster swap. I bought the Mcnasty dash conversion. Only the vent box. Not the rest of the kit as I want the newer column and gauges. Hopefully this gets released in the end of Q4 2020 as I want to get this done and move on to Phase 4!

Phase 4:
  • Front end swap 2016 nose
  • New Grill
  • updated Fenders and hood
  • replace Tailgate with 08+
  • 08+ tail lights
  • Complete Truck color change (Tuxedo Black)
Truck will be done and ready for a season of towing!!

Rims and tires, Fox shocks

Rear view

Old interior

Noise deadening

Carpet, headliner, back seats, painted trim in, door panels starting to go in.

Front done, center console, seats

Rear seats and door panels done

Another view

·
Registered
264 Posts
That’s awesome, did you have to modify the door panels at all to fit and work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 05Yamabomber

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
689 Posts
This is awesome! I watch Zachary McFarlin videos and dream. Great job, OP! My truck is a beater in comparison.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s awesome, did you have to modify the door panels at all to fit and work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To install them was plug and play. I only put washers behind the door handle to gap it more. The drivers door required some electrical mods that I paid Zach McFarlin for the wiring diagrams. I needed a pigtail for the mirror connector, and an additional green plug for the windows plug, rewired the blue plug, and modified the door lock switches. It was so worth it for the improved look of the truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is awesome! I watch Zachary McFarlin videos and dream. Great job, OP! My truck is a beater in comparison.
Zach has been really helpful with the interior swap. I paid him $50 for the wiring diagrams and he is always available when I ran into problems. Even about seat fitment. Center console questions. etc.. The guy is amazing. I wouldnt have taken on this project without his support.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
689 Posts
I better start saving my pennies.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Very, very nice. Appreciate you including the cost information as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts