Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has about 90k on it an aftermarket, exhaust, lift and a programmer. I'll be a newbie to the diesel world but have always wanted one of these. What kinds of issues should i be keeping an eye out for? Also what kind of problems should I expect in the future? :icon_ford:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I gave it a read lots of good stuff in there. Question for you though, do you have any trouble with state inspections after doing the egr delete?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 03 Ex. This site will be your top visited web site from now on. There many links on here that will give you information to fix or upgrade your Ex.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My sig has some good mods for a Excursion.

Is there emissions testing or visual inspections? That will be the deciding factor in either an EGR delete or bulletproof EGR cooler.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Thanks for the info, I gave it a read lots of good stuff in there. Question for you though, do you have any trouble with state inspections after doing the egr delete?
Uhm, well, its funny you mention this....
My truck is still registered and inspected in another state (which has no such inspection). I moved here last November and am not looking forward to paying New York sales tax on a truck I bought while living elsewhere. My truck will remain registered in that other state as long as it possibly can.
I heard that you can get around the diesel inspection in New York by registering your truck as a much lower weight class. Something to check into.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts