Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, Here are the dimensions of the mounting points to build those custom bumpers you always wanted to.

This is for the Ford F250 and F350 and years 2005-2007.

May also fit 99-04 as well with the retro fit for 05-07. But I have not tested that. I am not sure if the frame horns, crossmember, and Transmission Cooler (or Oil Cooler?) are in the same spot and same dimensions.

If You have any questions, post here or Private Message Me. I will not release the dimensions for the rest of the bumpers. This is for informational purposes if you wish to make your own. These dimensions are straight off the files for when I made mine. If your truck differs, then I apologize, but these worked for me.

By the way, the front of the frame horn and the 3 bolts are NOT Perpendicular. It is something like 7.5 - 10 degrees. I need to find my Angle Finder to verify, and then I will post up a side view of the bracket to show. I will update this thread when I find it and draw it up.

I forgot to give the dimensions for diameter of the 3 holes in the frame horn (where the old Tow hooks were). Those fit an M12 bolt, so 1/2" holes should work just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the pictures with dimensions for the front bumper.

Front/Rear View

Front/Rear View

Top View

Top View

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, Here are the dimensions of the mounting points for the Ford F250 and F350 and years 2005-2007.

May also fit 99-04 as well with the retro fit for 05-07. But I have not tested that. I am not sure if the frame horns, crossmember, and Transmission Cooler (or Oil Cooler?)
are in the same spot and same dimensions.
If You have any questions, post here or Private Message Me. I will not release the dimensions for the rest of the bumpers. This is for informational purposes if you wish to make your own. These dimensions are straight off the files for when I made mine. If your truck differs, then I apologize, but these worked for me.

By the way, the front of the frame horn and the 3 bolts are NOT Perpendicular. It is something like 10 degrees. I need to find my Angle Finder to verify, and then I will post up a side view of the bracket to show. I will update this thread when I find it and draw it up.

I will also update this with the dimensions for the rear bumper as well.
Thank you so much falcon! This helps quite a bit, I’m making one and will post pics of it while making it and any difficulty I may run into along the way

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know if you have questions. I will post the rear dimensions soon. I didn't get a chance to do it today.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the dimensions for the Rear Bumper.

Top View

Back/Front View

Side View

1 - 7 of 7 Posts