Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home and plugged the truck in last night. I got a wild hair to look in the passenger wheel well and i saw oil on the frame. Sure enough the charge air tube from the turbo is leaking at the intercooler. There's oil on the innert fender under the hood and it seeped onto the frame rail. Should I clean the boots and tubes and retorque? Or should I pull the turbo and take it in to get new seals? Anyone had this issue? I also have the metal tubes on both sides of the intercooler. The turbo was also pulled a month or so ago to clean the veins and the hot side housing of the turbo.

Thanks

Max

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
It is probably not comeing from the turbo but rather showinng up there. Your CCV filter is probably saturated with oil and is being blown thru your air cooler.

The CCV filter is a oblong can mounted on the driverside valve cover kinda under the degass bottle and FICM. This can be removed and the element[looks like a choregirl potscrubber] can be washed out with solvent. There are 2 bolts holding it on with 2 -orings between the can and the valve cover. Do not loose em or get solvent on them.

The other problem is the cac is probably saturated as well and will need cleaning. This can be done by removeing the cooler and placeing flat side down and filling with a strong soloution of Dawn and hot water let sit for several hours then flush out with a garden hose untill clear.
Dump all the water out and let dry completely useually overnight all days in the sun is best or blow air thru it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
CCV filter?

Don't you only have a CCV filter if you did a ccv reroute mod? I might be off here, but I did one and installed the canister and filter where I wanted.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I call it a filter maybee screen is better but it is there, altho a better description may be a flattened oval or flattened oblong either way it is about 8 in. long half the width of the valve cover and about 2 in. thick if I remember right. Has stuff in it looks like stainless steel pot scrubber heavier than steel wool but similar.

Actually when you did your mod you hooked one of your hoses to it if you did it like most people do.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Filter

Hmmm, must be what leads to what some people call tha doghouse. Funny what you never see when focused on other stuff.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.