Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yesterday I drove 300+ miles stopped for a couple hours to rest and when I went to stated it, it immediately died it did this a couple times and i finally got it started. while drive it runs fine below 40mph at 45 and above it will intermittently loose throttle response i can put my foot to the floor and no engine response. at the same time as that happens two lights will come on my water in fuel light and wait to start light. after a few seconds the lights will go away and i will have throttle control back. this only occurs between 1000 to 2000 rpms anything above that and i have no problems. i have drained fuel/water separator changed the fuel filters and the oil and oil filter. no codes

update: truck has fully cooled down now wont start cranks every once and a while will fire but wont start. still no codes.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Did you find out what the problem was? I had almost the same thing happen with my 04. Didn't have the fuel/water light but glow plug light would come on for a second or two and go off and a few seconds later it would be able to give it gas again also no codes. First time this started happening a friend was able to wiggle the wires on the injector harness and the truck died. Replaced the harness and it started right up and no more problems. A few months later it started doing it again and this time I had an edge cs monitor. Noticed that when it was cutting out like that the gauge would freeze , another member on here suggested maybe pcm. I replaced the pcm and have had no problems yet and still running strong. Hope this helps and good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts