Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 F350 with 6.0 it feels like you are holding the brake down and trying to gain speed but takes a while. It only does this after 55 mph. Anyone have any help?

Also what is a "kitty"?
And where is the egr and can you unplug it and still run ok?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well I can help you out with a couple of your questions. First off the "Kitty" is the catalitic converter. And second of all, I dont know if unplugging the egr is the right thing to do. I think if you unplug it, it will throw a code. I do know that if you get a programmer you can shut off the egr. Hope this helps ya bud!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help! I should have known about the catalytic converter I just thought it was something I wasnt aware of.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
You might want to pull your EGR valve and clean it. It sounds like it is dirty and might not be working correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just read another thread about that was going to try that tomorrow, is it very hard to do? And do I need to replace the O-rings?

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
It's kind of a pain to pull it out of the manifold, but keep at it. It will come out eventually. You should replace the O-rings, but don't have to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changed fuel filter and water seperator this weekend and that fix the loss of power problem. Had to order gaskets and o rings to do the EGR valve. But thanks for all the input. Does doing the Zoodad Mod make much difference? And if I remove the Catalytic converter will this make any difference in the performance?

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Zoodad helps get more air in...not a real "seat of the pants" difference, but heck, it's free!:hehe:

Removing the cat with help the exhaust "exhale" better, gets the air out, adn will help keep the EGTs down.:thumb:

·
Banned
26 Posts
Zoodad helps get more air in...not a real "seat of the pants" difference, but heck, it's free!:hehe:

Removing the cat with help the exhaust "exhale" better, gets the air out, adn will help keep the EGTs down.:thumb:
A few questions for you... The first one is where to get train horns and are they really as loud?

Second question, whats the big deal about the '03 turbo? Are they better than the new ones or something? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
03 turbo has 10 blades vs 12 blades on an 04 and 05+ have 15 blades, the 03 will whistle louder and provide more top end. The train horns are available everywhere, I am not sure of the exact brand or setup Eric (DKR) has but you can get them off eBay with small compressors and tanks for around 300ish...

·
Banned
26 Posts
03 turbo has 10 blades vs 12 blades on an 04 and 05+ have 15 blades, the 03 will whistle louder and provide more top end. The train horns are available everywhere, I am not sure of the exact brand or setup Eric (DKR) has but you can get them off eBay with small compressors and tanks for around 300ish...
Sweet. I have an 03 so this is good news to me.

I dont have train horns, but I am thinking about it.

Whats with this ZooDad mod I been reading about?

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts