Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck acts up drivin down the road the radio cuts on and off when accelerating the lights are dim and then get bright and go back dim.... When I park the truck the batteries die and won't crank back unless I jump it off it's like there is a short somewhere that's killing the battery but I also have an edge juice programmer on the truck could that be it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
does it shift like crap. im voting on alternator.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Sounds like the voltage regulator has gone bad on ya which r built into alternator id sugest take alternator out and take it to local parts store so it can b bench tested if need to replace get a higher voltage alt and i would not buy one from orileys
car quest ones r good

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
230 Posts
or autozone. i made the mistake of getting one there. had a alternator for a month and it crapped out. pay the big bucks and get a good one or a mean green machine 220amp. a good test is unhook ur batteries while the truck is running, if it the truck dies ur alternator is crap.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Replace your batteries and alternator, before you damage your ficm. You probably already did. Oem eqiupment is fine if you maintain and monitor your truck. Putting a huge alternator is not going to matter if you run your truck to failure. Get a monitor on that truck!

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It shifts just fine... Once I jump it off it runs just fine how would I know if ficm is bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts