Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've seen on other threads I am assuming my truck is in limp mode but I want a fresh opinion. When I was driving all the sudden the truck was having a really hard time and wouldn't go over 50, but I was a ways from home and long story short, now the truck is sitting at a friend's shop and won't go over about 15. Changed the oil, oil filter and fuel filters. Truck has head studs, EGR delete, oil cooler and is straight piped. Has anyone else had this problem? What caused it and what did you do to figure out what caused it?

· Registered
191 Posts
do you have a monitor? What is the ICP reading? Could be a failing HPOP.

· Registered
3,462 Posts
I'd look over the FICM wiring harness. Also, what did you use to pull the codes? I doubt a HPOP will cause the truck to not run over 15 mph. Is the truck missing, running rough, low boost, are high rpms achievable? You have left out SO many details it's virtually impossible to even think about pointing you in the right direction! Start with get the basic info like FICM volts, icp volts, IPR duty cycle %, VGT cycle %...

· Premium Member
32,386 Posts
6.0s don't have a limp mode. What are you using to read data

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
3,462 Posts
You need a monitor. The most popular one is a Edge CS or CTS... Every 6.0 should have a monitor just for the fact that you can't know if your oil cooler is plugged without one!

· Registered
663 Posts
Is it missing and running rough? Or smooth but no power?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
663 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.