Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Haha no way Mark.

They are so inexpensive and with a harbor freight one item 25% off coupon it was 65.00. I bought gauges with a separate coupon/visit and all in all I have like 100.00 invested and they work great

Yes I do go to harbor freight once in a while for one use items. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
53 Posts
That seems like the only choice for one that won't break the bank. Even the Robinair 2 stage unit states made in China. Stinks. B.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Okay experts. My AC works sort of under no load. Meaning it's comfortable in the cab when it's 90 but not super cold like the rental cars I've been in recently. I have a 2005 F250. I recall getting about 45 - 55 degrees at the vents (I could be wrong). Under load of pulling a trailer and especially up hills, the AC turns into warm air at best and sometimes even a blasting heater. So I have to turn it off and open the windows even when it's 80-90 out. I've been contemplating what to do. Get it rebuilt with new parts like mentioned above or just get it serviced? Thoughts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It prolly just needs a little TLC there Fonger. Don't go replacing things that you don't are not bad. Save some money for fuel taxes. Put some gauges on the service ports and check your pressures. One thing I do every couple of years on all of my vehicles is, to back blow out the radiator and condensor cores with compresed air on a long wand. You would be surprised how much dirt comes out of those cores. B.

·
Registered
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, figuring out what else.
285 Posts
Haha no way Mark.

They are so inexpensive and with a harbor freight one item 25% off coupon it was 65.00. I bought gauges with a separate coupon/visit and all in all I have like 100.00 invested and they work great

Yes I do go to harbor freight once in a while for one use items. :ROFLMAO:
A good friend of mine who recently passed away had an engineering degree, was a really smart guy, and had a lot of tools from Harbor Freight and was happy with them.

Based on his experience, I have acquired quite a few ratchets, sockets, combination wrenches, and other things (like a folding step for working in the engine compartment of my F250) from HF,and have been quite satisfied with all of them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The A/C is probably overcharged. It is an orifice tube system that is very sensitive to proper charge. I bought a jeep cheap because the air conditioner was not blowing cold. The previous owner had it worked on and replaced a lot of parts and it still did not blow cold. I took about 14 ounces of refrigerant out of the system and it has been blowing cold ever since.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Okay experts. My AC works sort of under no load. Meaning it's comfortable in the cab when it's 90 but not super cold like the rental cars I've been in recently. I have a 2005 F250. I recall getting about 45 - 55 degrees at the vents (I could be wrong). Under load of pulling a trailer and especially up hills, the AC turns into warm air at best and sometimes even a blasting heater. So I have to turn it off and open the windows even when it's 80-90 out. I've been contemplating what to do. Get it rebuilt with new parts like mentioned above or just get it serviced? Thoughts?
I am by no means NO expert....just learn on the job and research.

This was the exact scenario I was experiencing. There is NO need to rebuild your system like I chose to, I tend to do things to the extreme OCD side but it works for me because I can do all my own work.

In your case (and mine then) the orifice tube was clogged/clogging due to the accumulator internals desiccant coming apart. At a minimum throw some gauges on it and go from there.
If the orifice tube is clogged then you can bet your system is contaminated (maybe) or it all stopped at the orifice valve. Evacuate it, replace the accumulator and orifice valve and see what happens.

Good Luck

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a 2004 low mile F250. Guy says AC doesn't blow that cold and hasn't since he has owned it. Worst case if I had to replace the AC in the truck, what $$$ am I looking at?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
My suggestion is stay away from the 6.0 & 6.4 Ford Diesels they are nothing but trouble. Find a little older truck with the 7.3 Power Stroke million mile engine. Or move up tp the Ford Built 6.7 Power Stroke phenomenal engine with more power than U will ever need.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
8,250 Posts
Typically the main issue with a 6.0L purchase nowdays is a person buying one without knowing the least bit about how to weed out the bad ones, often times caused by people that didn't know how to maintain them in the first place ......

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My suggestion is stay away from the 6.0 & 6.4 Ford Diesels they are nothing but trouble. Find a little older truck with the 7.3 Power Stroke million mile engine. Or move up tp the Ford Built 6.7 Power Stroke phenomenal engine with more power than U will ever need.
🙄

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
And it might just be a slipping clutch.

I've had the Robinaire for about a decade and have used it many times. It's hard to do A/C replacements in NJ without humidity, I just keep a vacuum on it for hours to boil off any moisture. But I'd never consider using shop air to blow out an A/C system.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts