Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i noticed that i wasn't getting any heat until i was at or near operating temp, at first i thought this was a blend door issue but now i'm suspecting not the case, this evening i noticed the fan was running, ambient temp was approx 15 degrees celsius (60 farenheit) so i hooked up my sct and on the highway it was creeping up to around 220 pull over and it would drop to around 194 (i should mention coolant level was full when cold and no leaks) take off again and temp would climb back up however at around 35-40 mph temp would stay steady around 206.

a little background on the truck 2004 and has 150k on the body approx 100k on the engine (warranty job by ford - reman) the t-stat and water pump were both changed approx 4 years ago by ford (6months after the engine was replaced - started getting warm bad waterpump).

it's late, i just got back from the hospital with a lung infection/flu and i'm not thinking straight right now but i'm leaning towards bad waterpump if anyone has some insight any responses are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no puking, coolant level hasnt moved and i have not pulled the egr valve yet but again coolant level hasnt moved

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bump: any other thoughts?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Do you have a way to monitor ect and eot at the same time? If they rise at the same time comparitively, I would think water pump. Differential temp on the top and bottom of the radiator should be 30° or so.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dug into it today, impelled on the w/p cracked, it's all good now

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts