Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what you if you guys have upgraded your alternator and if so did you grade the power wires and grounds? Also anyone running 5w40. Noticed its quieter and getting 2mpg better. Fyi

have banks IQ with econmind tuner
Banks ram air
Banks exhaust
Xdp coolant filter
Bulletproof egr cooler
900 watt stereo

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi, i have run three yers with dc power 300spx alt and it works like a charm. . And i have used 5w40 full synthetic oli past three years too and im not going back to use 15w 40 oil.
Then again i live in Finland and it ain't that warm here. ..

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
I've been using t6 but planning on using mobile 5w40 next. I upgraded my alternator to a mean green. And just upgraded my wires. (diy)

Attachments

·
Anti-Hashtag Member
2,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Where y'all getting the mobile 1 synthetic? Is that the 5w40 y'all using?

·
Registered
797 Posts
My 6.0L was a F350 fleet side. Once making the jump to Rotella T-6 it is all I run. That was in an engine pusking 200K in 100 dreg F plus temps. The truck ran cooler and oil analysis showed the engine was happy. I can't say I saw a huge jump in mileage, but surely didn't see a loss. Although Mobile 1 is cheaper, I am Rotella T loyal.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
I've been running rotella t6 since I bought it. So far so good. Just wanted to try something else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking to see what you if you guys have upgraded your alternator and if so did you grade the power wires and grounds? Also anyone running 5w40. Noticed its quieter and getting 2mpg better.
I just fried my stock 110 Amp Alternator and replaced it with a Bosch AL7606N 135 Amp one. It is the only brand new, not reman alternator that I could find. On top of that it was almost $100 cheaper than my Local Ford Dealer wanted and that includes Overnight Airmail from Rock Auto. Comes with a lifetime warranty and 2 year roadside assistance. I tried 5w40 Rotella T6 when I first got the truck but it leaked a little bit so I switched to 15w40 and now no more leaks. FYI rock auto does not have this alternator listed under the excursion / f-250, I only found it listed for the E-450 but it fit my truck fine. Also, the truck has about 160k miles and is a single alternator model, I did not upgrade the wiring.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I run a Mean Green and did not upgrade my wires. I may in the future, but have not had issues. I also don't pull a ton of amps. No winches or big stereos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts