Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a little charity work for the local volunteer Fire rescue that inherited this 2004 Ford ambulance. I installed a new alternator in a dual alternator set up (the lower one) and I have this connector left over on the harness that runs across the rear hood seal. It is clean inside, so it was plugged into something, but what?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Light
Finger Automotive tire Wrist Electric blue Nail

·
Premium Member
9,066 Posts
Not familiar with the E-series, but does look like the fan connector

·
Compression Ignition Addict
11,030 Posts
The OP probably figured it out since he hasn't logged in since the day of opening the thread.

Anyway - C1148 fits the bill in size, shape, and general location of what was being worked on (E or F series both have this if they have the dual alternator configuration). It is in the middle of the harness running to the secondary alternator from the primary alternator. Ford actually uses this type of connector in several "mid-harness" connections. IIRC one is in the CAN communications wiring and another maybe related to the air conditioning wiring.

Font Circle Paper Symmetry Gas
Handwriting Font Drawing Paper Parallel

·
Master Tech
759 Posts
Knowing the colors of the wires in the connector will help identify this connector.

With that said I too thought this was a charging system connection however, my thought, and after investigating came up with connector C1033 - the MAF sensor jumper harness for gasoline powered applications would be more likely on a 2004. In that case the connector would have a plug in it that is secured to the harness. But I do recall this having something to do with the alternator.

Reactions: bismic and Hydro

·
11,030 Posts
Sounds "plausible" as they say on Myth Busters. If so, I wonder why the plug would have been removed from the connector?.

·
11,030 Posts
LOL - as I said earlier ..... the guy hasn't logged in since the day of the thread being created. Like so many others.

·
Master Tech
759 Posts
LOL - as I said earlier ..... the guy hasn't logged in since the day of the thread being created. Like so many others.
I don't find any f-ing humor in it. Some posts/questions require a bit of research. I myself and I am sure others spend time looking into whatever the subject is and it seems to be WASTED time especially when we take the time to craft detailed, information rich replies that sometimes include attachments, documents and notes. At least have the God-Damn decency to come back and follow up! #thatsfuckedup

·
11,030 Posts
I hear you for sure. It is beyond inconsiderate.

Tons of people appreciate your effort and your knowledge......even if it doesn't end up with any conclusion. That said, unfortunately, many people simply don't understand that a big part of the reason people with knowledge join in to help is to get to a solution. Getting to a solution, and to a resolution, multiplies the number of people that benefit from it. Anyway, sometimes I can put up with it, and sometimes I get torqued also. There are a number of folks that go the extra mile with time and effort spent, for (sometimes) no apparent benefit. Maybe if 50% are helped that is a good number.....

·
Premium Member
9,066 Posts
Pretty sure you found the right connector in post #4 @bismic

I agree it is too bad the OP has not closed out this thread -- without the resolution it makes future learning more difficult

1 - 11 of 11 Posts