Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone I am new here.
I am about to buy a much wanted excursion 6.0 powerstroke the truck looks and sounds good but for the trans oil temp gauge I am advised by the owner that the sensor has been replaced and its the gauge in the dash that is at fault, any idea's or am I about to be stitched up, I really want this truck so any help would be great.

·
Administrator
21,622 Posts
if the sensor is good but the gauge not working, then a scan gauge or monitor should still pick up the signal.

If the owner stands behind the truck, have a trusted shop drop the trans pan and put the 08+ set up on it.
@[email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry but I am not quite sure what you mean, but the owner says he has not replaced the dash because all the used ones he has found have 300,000 +miles on the clock and this has only 100,000. the other problem here is Europe and I have yet to source a garage that I would trust with it. we do a lot of our own works but this being very different to a range rover etc.

·
Vendor
12,870 Posts
The dash gauge is just a dummy gauge. What @Heavy_GD means is purchase an aftermarket monitor that connects to the truck's diagnostic port, and it will let you know what the truck's computer is reading vs the dash. This is assuming the current owner is telling you the truth that the dash gauge isn't working properly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
corey thanks for this . now I get it, as I have a number of items like this for the rovers. is there a recommended one for the 6.0 exc, as for rover there are a load out there and half of them at least do not do what it says on the tin, (they are rubbish). so can you give me a name of or?? I would be most great full if you could. then I will go buy this item then go buy the truck. i'm like a dog with its head out the window lol gagging to go buy. and its a 1400mile round trip wooohooo. cheers again

·
Vendor
12,870 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts