Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the board and have a question. I have a 2004 6.0 diesel that has developed a flutter sound coming from the air box area under excelleration only while towing. I pull a 40' gooseneck probably around 13-14k lbs. and it only seems to do it around 65 mph or so while lugging on a hill or something. Any ideas? :dunno:

·
Registered
379 Posts
are you seeing any boost loss or any power lose when this happens. my 04 had a throttle plate in it that was getting stuck and causing a noise and power loss. took it apart and removed the butterfly out of it and havent had a problem since

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power loss just while it's fluttering. I don't have a boost gauge, so I'm unsure about that. If I get into the gas pedal or let off it goes away and may not happen again for the rest of the trip. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Turbo vanes are sticking..tpy problem with the 6.0. warrentee problem..get it in. They get a SCT with Cales tunes which cures 90% of this problem in the future.
I just want to point out that since the truck is an 04 he might be out of warranty due to the start date

·
Registered
379 Posts
could also be egr valve pull it out and see if its all plugged up if it is clean it and make sure its closed all the way install it and then forget to plug the harness into it. it wont throw a cel. if that stops it then next thing to do is do a egr cooler delete. then one less problem to worry about

·
Registered
41 Posts
try what purplehorn1977 said about tha egr i had the same problem try 2 get a boost gauge and see wut it does if it looses boost or anything and get a SCT tuner it will help my truck does it every now and then but i havent had the time to pull my turbo vanes to look at them ive been busy with my torque converter... send me a PM if u hear of anything else that u have found out i would like to know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.