Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m at a loss been all ovr this truck front to back . Starts , idle, runs great, has no power and feels like it’s trApping boost and has a long shift . New injectors , tried most all plug / unplug options. Also getting some crazy reading from my tuner. First pics is at idle second pic is holding the pedal down going down the road . Please I need

1617590186881.jpeg

1617590186881.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I am a new guy here too, but based on just your pics, if your foot is to the floor in the second pic, then your truck is making no boost (second pic reads about 4psi). If the gauge on your dash also seems like it’s only about 4 psi, I would start checking all the boots from the turbo to throttle body. One could have come off or you could have one that’s ripped and that’s why it’s not making boost. That would also be the reason the truck makes no power. There are a lot of guys with way more knowledge than me, but that’s my input based on the pics. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am a new guy here too, but based on just your pics, if your foot is to the floor in the second pic, then your truck is making no boost (second pic reads about 4psi). If the gauge on your dash also seems like it’s only about 4 psi, I would start checking all the boots from the turbo to throttle body. One could have come off or you could have one that’s ripped and that’s why it’s not making boost. That would also be the reason the truck makes no power. There are a lot of guys with way more knowledge than me, but that’s my input based on the pics. Good luck
Yea wish it was that simple. All brand new sinister Deisel boots , thanks tho

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ebp sensor and tube, map hose and nipple..... Once those are cleaned and/or replaced post new pics.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

284 Posts
Yea wish it was that simple. All brand new sinister Deisel boots , thanks tho
I’d still double check the boots. I’d also look for any signs of soot around the up pipes back wall and by the connections. Sounds like a leak.
I’m no pro either just a guys that’s put some work into my own, with a similar problem that your experiencing after reassembly. You can also do a pressure check on the boots an intercooler system if you haven’t discovered the issue yet.
I also had a bad pigtail on the vgt that made my truck run funny, can’t remember the exact issue that led to that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts