Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought this truck and replaced the turbo a friend of a friend did it and replaced oil, new filter but wont start. i've been messing with it cranking and no fire so took the oil cap off and the filter is dry looks like new could bring it back to the store never touched oil so what could be the problem? do you prime them somehow after oil change? or is the primary oil pump out causing no oil to reach hpop to fire injectors?

Please help confused haha
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Did you use an OEM filter? Pull the cap and filter and hold down the plunger in the center of the housing. Have someone crank the engine over and see if oil flows in there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it at oriley.. are you talking about the thing sticking up the middle with the spring on it? if so the only thing that went down was in the middle and not really far but just tried what you said and nothing

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Actually he was refering to the plastic valve in the bottom of the bowl at the 1'oclock position, but if no oil tried to flow into the houseing there is a problem with the low pressure oil pump or regulator or cover. Any of which can cause the problem or any combination.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok yeah I just tried that one and still nothing.. so is there a way of testing what you said it could be or just pick one and hope?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no there is nothing coming into the housing and as far as I know there's no movement of the gauge

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok checked the low pressure regulator and it was stuck now back together and getting oil up to the filter but no start.. how long would it take cranking it to get it in the system? or do you have to bleed it somehow?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
How long and how many times have you cranked it? Do you have a scan gauge or similar monitoring device?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I just tried a little either in it AND I KNOW NOT BEST IDEA! but it sputtered and i gave it gas. and boom she started up and purrs like a kitten..
I owe it all to this forum because I had no clue what to do without it. and after you guys other post here I got it on the road again, so thanks guys love you haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts