Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gauge will be working, then after driving it for a few miles low fuel indicator comes on. I was told that the sensors were dirty. I have used several additives to clean them. I read on a forum that using Chevron additive would work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i had the same SOB problem with mine, when i first got it. i have used diesel kleen in it every tank and it has gotten WAY better. it only does it MABY once every 2 months. mine will read totaly empty then work its way back up and then its fine.

·
Mod Newbie
11,881 Posts
i had the same SOB problem with mine, when i first got it. i have used diesel kleen in it every tank and it has gotten WAY better. it only does it MABY once every 2 months. mine will read totaly empty then work its way back up and then its fine.
:agree: with zacdiesel01. Use some diesel kleen. I tried the chevron and didn't see any result. The diesel kleen helped a lot. Also I have noticed that when I fuel with the truck running, it takes a while for the gauge to catch up and almost every time when I shut the truck off and restart it, the gauge will show empty, coincidence :dunno:. Let us know if anything helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts