Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just recently bought my first PSD back in the beginning of June. I bought it with 115,800 miles and it currently has 120,700 miles on it. The lady I bought it off of had the oil changed not too long before I bought it from her and the sticker in the truck said to change it at 120,800 which I plan on doing. The truck is in really good shape and runs well, but I have a small issue starting to happen. This may not be anything more than me needing to replace the air filter, but I am not sure. Lately, when I have been driving the truck it starts fine and then will sound normal when I take off. However, when it starts to get warm, it sounds like it is sucking in a lot of air and it gets louder the more I accelerate. I know the gauges on the dash are not always the most accurate, but all of them are right where they need to be including the oil pressure and temp. When this first started happening I thought it might be because my AC was on so I turned that off and it still kept happening. The noise almost sounds like a semi starting out and how it is sucking in a lot of air. Also, when it is making this sucking noise, I occasionally get the Check Gage light, but it turns on and then turns off quickly.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this normal? I might take it to a Ford dealership and have them go through eveything and make sure I am in good shape. Please help me out as this problem just started happening a couple weeks ago.

THANKS!

Greg L.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:doh:

I went out on my lunch break to go to the bank and it started overheating and thankfully I work close to a ford dealership and I took it over there to have them look at it and......I hate to admit this.....it was my coolant being low that caused it. Everything else checked out to be good and they even put the computer on it and it did not throw any codes. I feel like a dumbass now but atleast I will check my coolant more often now...

·
Registered
247 Posts
It happens to the best of us. At least you didn't break anything. Congrats on your new truck!!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
good luck. Also, keep an eye on your coolant. You should figure out why it was low...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts