Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2004 6.0 that cranks but wont start put a brand new ipr in it an it ran for 3 days went to drive it the next day an it started just fine but had no power while driving it started sputtering an then died an wont start it thru 3 ficm codes an a tps code so i put a new ficm in it because my batteries were toast so the shop said to buy new batteries cause low voltage can cause problems so i got 2 new batteries an put a ficm in it an it still wont start it cranks an cranks but wont turn over it tries but wont fully start an run what is my problem??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
if you've got 3 ficm codes, replaced ficm and problem still persists, i'd be willing to bet the ficm isn't receiving logic power. check the ficm relay

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would also check for FICM sync and FICM voltage, should be around 48v. That is if you have access to a scanner that can also look at your HPOP pressure when cranking. Could also be related to other issues with the oil cooler and reservoir. Is your EGR deleted or stock? Have you removed oil cooler or replaced it recently?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts