Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, feeling stumped with an issue. I have a 2004.5 excursion, studded/deleted, and I have an issue with an intermittent "rough idle" (almost like the idle slows down), slight shaking felt, every couple of minutes or seconds, it really just depends. When I unplugged the ICP sensor, the "rough idle" goes away and everything is perfectly normal (drove for a few days unplugged and problem never appeared). This led me to believe that the ICP was bad, so I ordered and installed a Ford OEM ICP sensor and pigtail. Plug everything back up, start the truck, and the problem still is there. But goes away with sensor unplugged. ICP readings via scangauge are normal. FICM voltage with engine on is 48.0 v, occasionally dipping to 47.5. Also thought A/C compressor may be causing it, but it does it with A/C on or off. Anyone have any ideas what this problem could be? The truck runs and drives perfectly fine, but this idle thing is killing me. Looking for recommendations how what to check/how to proceed?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Eric, I realize this thread is a year old but did you ever get this solved? My 06 started this last week and I would like to figure it out.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
42 Posts
My truck is doing the same thing. I switched to T6 Synthetic and the right filter and it went away but now it is coming back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nothing. I have a scangauge and FICM is 47.5-48 and stay while cranking. how ever to get the right ICP numbers I believe I need to change back to stock tune because I only get 1600 on the freeway and such.

I thought I solved the issue when I got rid of the napa oil filter and had a little too much oil in the truck. No I have t6 and ford filter and filled the oil until it was full on dip stick, not draining and filling with the 15 quarts Ford recommends. It was more like 12.5

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had no idea you could do that. I thought I had to go back to stock to not get manipulated ICP numbers.

And I really just need to take the time to figure out and execute fully getting my scangauge set up … Sooner than later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts