Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to replace my icp sensor and harness and was wondering if you can repair the harness from underneath or if you need to go from the top. Iv heard the sensor is easier from underneath so I wanted to check. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Yea I think the sensor is easier to change from the bottom but the wiring will have to be done from the top.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I just changed my sensor from under, I don't think that the harness is doable from under the truck. I'm planning on changing the harness very soon and will go at it from the top.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I changed mine quite a while ago but I done it all from the top. It would have been easier from the bottom just to replace the sensor, But i bought the harness as well, removed the degass bottle, ficm and a couple hard bracket bolts if i remember correctly. Also instead of fighting trying to get the socket over the old ICP i just broke the plastic top off made it much easier. Make sure you sodder the new harness and use a good shrink wrap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
did mine from the top. could not get our fat hands up high enough to reach everything.good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts