Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im helping a friend bullet proof his truck its a late 04 build with the ICP in the passenger front of the valve cover. Well i get everything off and notice the HPOP cover is from a 03/early 04 part number 1839187c3.

Further investigation shows this is a re-manufactured ford engine. My question is since this engine has the early HPOP cover intern means there is no stc fitting correct?

I dont want to take the cover off and risk tearing up the gasket as i plan to take back this stc fitting kit.

Apparently there is a kit out there that you can use a 03 pump with the wave style oil rails?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
03-04 pumps are the same but I'm sure the branch tube changes in 04 to accept the wavy rail standpipes. No need to remove the cover, there is an STC fitting but not one that fails like the 05+

The original 03 pump cover changes in 04 but it's an upgrade, it's got a notch cast into the underside to keep the J-tube from rubbing on the cover. I wouldn't use an original 03 cover on anything infact if I'm in an 03 changing a pump it is getting a new cover.

A cast iron cover is not compatable with anything but 03-04 pump. 05+ uses a whole different setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts