Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
208000 miles on my 2003 6.0 Ford F350 Crew Cab. Love the truck, came here looking for some advice on a possible alternator issue. Will look around forum to see if answers exist or find the right spot to post my questions.

Great site here. Also maybe upgrading to a 2011 or 2012 Diesel later this year for business purposes. Hoping to find good info on the new diesels and whether the price difference and performance is still worth it when comparing to the upgraded Ford Superduty gas trucks.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see another happy 03 owner out there. Gonna be awhile before mine sees the 200k mark. I'm only looking at about 75k miles right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got no complaints with the 03 at all. So far I'm only on my second set of tires. First set was replaced at 108,000 and there was still 25 percent tread left. This current set of Firestones is at 100,000 and will be replacing before winter is here.

Bought the truck with 15,000 on it in March of 07. I'm averaging around 40,000-45,000 miles a year as I'm on the road constantly in the natural gas pipeline integrity industry. I've done no mod's to the truck and the only thing other than routine maintenance was the PCM valve was replaced this winter.

Hate to get rid of the truck but a new one may be in the cards for my business and then put this one in the fleet for others to enjoy. I'm kind of worried one of my guys won't appreciate her the way I have.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Driving them is the key. These engines need to be ran almost daily. I'm certain thats the reason you've had such good luck. Mine sat for too long before I got it and I've had to go thru it almost completely. But I got it for a steal three years ago. Its my daily driver so hopefully its good to go now. Good luck on your search for a new truck and I hope the new one treats you as good as the old one.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Welcome To The Org.:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
That's a great place to live with a Powerstroke.. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Yes, you're surrounded by VERY knowledgable 6.0L shops.. :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, you're surrounded by VERY knowledgable 6.0L shops.. :thumb:

Would you mind sharing which shops in my area are the knowledgeable ones? I'm thinking more and more that I should stick with a diesel for my possible new one later this year as well. I would be nice to have a go to shop to keep the truck in tip top shape at all times.

I posted a question in the 6.0 forum on an alternator issue and would appreciate and suggestions anyone has. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
:welcome1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts