Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 ford 2500 6.0 no start or crank over ??? but when pushed bump start runs great! any other ideas before buying a new starter??? thanks, bob

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
2003 ford 2500 6.0 no start or crank over ??? but when pushed bump start runs great! any other ideas before buying a new starter??? thanks, bob
Check for proper voltage to the starter. Try to use the starter wire on the passenger fender and see if the starter spins.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
By bump start you have a manual transmission and you push it in first with the clutch in and then release the clutch? Was it cranking slowly and then stopped turning? Did it click?

I’d still check the batteries first. Then I’d pull the starter and bring it to a parts store to have it checked. I get mixed results with the parts stores, mostly because the starter can be intermittent, like its not wirking, I tap it with a hammer, and it starts. After I tapped it with a hammer, it’s work a bit, but then it’s stop, and a hammer tap would make it work, but if I pulled it to have it checked, may pass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts