Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 03 f350 6.0. Just changed all the oil. Changed filters. New ipr valve, New icp. 1640psi cranking for hpop.
Ficm is synced.
Ipr starts at 14.7 then shoots to 50.1% but just bought from dealership. Just cranks attempts to turn over but doesn't. Injectors passed buzz test. I'm getting fuel to it. But blows white smoke after cranking for 10 seconds
197k miles. Sctx3 tuner is at stock.
Motor was bulletproofed.
NEED HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Cold where you are?
glow plugs working?
can you read voltage on the injection pressure -- 1640 may be a "default" number
the voltage will be the real number

the white smoke means you are getting fuel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a 03 f350 6.0. Just changed all the oil. Changed filters. New ipr valve, New icp. 1640psi cranking for hpop.
Ficm is synced.
Ipr starts at 14.7 then shoots to 50.1% but just bought from dealership. Just cranks attempts to turn over but doesn't. Injectors passed buzz test. I'm getting fuel to it. But blows white smoke after cranking for 10 seconds
Motor was bulletproofed.
NEED HELP!!!
Ficm is synced.
Motor was bulletproofed.
NEED HELP!!!
Cold where you are?
glow plugs working?
can you read voltage on the injection pressure -- 1640 may be a "default" number
the voltage will be the real number

the white smoke means you are getting fuel
It was 79 yesterday. Cylinder 5 plug is going out got a code for it. But it ran before with that code. Ill have to run it again for voltage. But everything is coming out where its supposed to be but my icp sensor is soaked, back of motor is wet with oil. Pulled ipr and it didn't have any glitter just one little piece of sludge on the screen.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
That 2.0 voltage is about right for the 1600 psi -- so the ICP is working
white smoke while cranking generally means fuel is injected

Is this truck new to you? has it been running?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought it 3 months ago. It ran when I got it. Drove it once and anytime after 4500 rpm it spit and spuders. Then after that day its just a crank no start. First icp went. So bought a new one. Then ipr went to 85%. Bought a new one. Now everything is where its supposed to be. But still cranks. Did the bubble test on the fuel. Buzz test on the injectors. Batteries are at 11.9v. But my icp is wet with oil. I'm thinking I got a oil leak somewhere cuz I can sit under neath it and see the passenger side rear of the motor is wet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its was a factory ipr valve. But it happened all of a sudden. Right after the icp went. And I'm assuming it could be a hpo leak somewhere. Passenger side rear motor is wet of oil. And you can see it very slowly dripping from the oil pan

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
So you were reaming on the engine , 4500+ and now it is a no start?
how is the base crank? even or are there fast and slow cylinders?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I pulled the starter wire off and cranked it over with key off and it sounds of perfect rotation. No sounds of hesitation when rotating. It attempts to start like it gets ready to but it seems like something is holding it back from fully firing up

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,362 Posts
Is your ICP sensor connector oil soaked?

Do you have cam/crank sync when cranking (it is possible to have FICM sync without cam/crank sync)?
What is your Fuel Pulse Width command when cranking?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.