Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help1: Replaced STC Connector, FEMC replaced and Glow plug CM and fuel filter replaced. Cranks but won't start. Will start with starting fluid but won't keep running if RPM drops below 1,000. This is not my truck, it is my brothers. It is his everyday work truck and if it isn't running he isn't making money. Was told to replace High pressure fuel regulator. I would like to fix this in one last fix, so I came here. :banghead: All the other stuff I've done has gotten it to at least start with the fluid, but now it wont start without using that. I also don't have the glow plug light coming on anymore. Don't know if that has anything to do with why it won't start without the starting fluid or not. :usa:

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Your gonna make most guys on here scream with fear stating that you are using starting fluid. Ill be honest Im not 100% sure why its bad with the 6.0 but I know it is.
Do you have any kind of monitor on the truck or anything to check for trouble codes?

·
Administrator
22,100 Posts
The first reason is the hot glow plug being sprayed with combustible fluid, the second is the engine is already high compression and the starting fluid will only increase the combustion.

Carry on with the trouble shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced IPR and fired right up. Started using gas and diesel mixture to start. started alot better. Now i just have to find out why the glow plug light doesn't come one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts