Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, need some your opinions. I replaced my fuel injectors on my 03 f250 6.0 about 2 months ago. It ran beautiful no issues, all of a sudden about a week ago it would turn on fine drive about 10 minutes and then stall out, lose power shut off. I would need to wait 5 minutes to start it again and then it does the same issue. I also broke one of the clips on my FICM harness when i changed my injectors. I wedged a hose underneath the harness and also zip tied it in case. I changed the cam sensor thinking maybe it would be that. I have new fuel filters but i am due for a oil change. My oil was missing about 2 quarts but i don't think that would cause this issue. I changed my MAP sensor as well with a new hose. My Forscan is showing me no codes lol, except for KAPWB circuit which i think it's from disconnecting my battery. What could this be? My fuel pump i noticed would make a grinding noise here and there. My upper fuel filter bowl fills up right away so i know i'm getting fuel there. Please help me out with some suggestions!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So replaced the fuel pump, ran fine for about 30 minutes and back to the same issue. Stalls and turns off. It’s throwing me injector #2 code on the scanner. I replaced all these injectors 2 months ago. I’m sure it’s bolted correctly. Used a torque wrench. I’m at loss with this truck. Any advice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get an OBD scanner that displays your ICP and IPR values. Can easily check the ICP sensor itself. Will be on the driver side back of the engine by the ficm. Also could you elaborate more on what is happening? When it stalls out does it idle hard? When you start it up does it run rough and have little power? The fuel pump noise is normal by the way. When you turn your key on you will hear it run for a few seconds and then it will make a grinding noise and shut off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So replaced the fuel pump, ran fine for about 30 minutes and back to the same issue. Stalls and turns off. It’s throwing me injector #2 code on the scanner. I replaced all these injectors 2 months ago. I’m sure it’s bolted correctly. Used a torque wrench. I’m at loss with this truck. Any advice?
Forgot to mention in my earlier post when checking the ICP sensor you are looking for oil dripping out of the sensor or bent plugs pins and cracked wires.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,729 Posts
Get an OBD scanner that displays your ICP and IPR values. Can easily check the ICP sensor itself. Will be on the driver side back of the engine by the ficm. Also could you elaborate more on what is happening? When it stalls out does it idle hard? When you start it up does it run rough and have little power? The fuel pump noise is normal by the way. When you turn your key on you will hear it run for a few seconds and then it will make a grinding noise and shut off.
Sorry, but I disagree, fuel pump grinding noise is not normal.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,729 Posts
Mine doesn't, and others I have worked on don't do that. That said, I admit to having somewhat of a hearing loss. I guess I'll have to get my ear right next to it and listen again since you have heard it in such a repeatable pattern of engine conditions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine doesn't, and others I have worked on don't do that. That said, I admit to having somewhat of a hearing loss. I guess I'll have to get my ear right next to it and listen again since you have heard it in such a repeatable pattern of engine conditions.
You shouldn’t hear this once the truck is running. Should be only a moment. If the fuel pump is grinding all the time it’s simply a bad fuel pump. However for the issue the guy above is having it is an issue I actually just fixed on my 2004 6.0 yesterday. Driving home from work my truck made a few jumps in rpm later down the road it rough idled a bit then the engine lost power entirely. No codes on the scanner however when I check the ICP and IPR values on my truck they are off and the ICP actually showed 0. I could restart truck after and it would idle very rough almost like it had a bunch of dead cylinders. ICP sensor had an obvious oil leak internally causing the sensor to fault out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You shouldn’t hear this once the truck is running. Should be only a moment. If the fuel pump is grinding all the time it’s simply a bad fuel pump. However for the issue the guy above is having it is an issue I actually just fixed on my 2004 6.0 yesterday. Driving home from work my truck made a few jumps in rpm later down the road it rough idled a bit then the engine lost power entirely. No codes on the scanner however when I check the ICP and IPR values on my truck they are off and the ICP actually showed 0. I could restart truck after and it would idle very rough almost like it had a bunch of dead cylinders. ICP sensor had an obvious oil leak internally causing the sensor to fault out.
I used the OEM 3C (would have gone the better 4C but ford couldn’t get it in for a week or so and couldn’t wait that long)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts