Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this forum and had a 2004 f250 lariat c rew cab that i loved until a young kid texting and driving pulled out in front of me.
I am about to buy a 2003 f250 lariat crew cab for a real good price, but it has a problem. The truck starts fine sounds good and i let it warm up for about 5 minutes before driving. The truck ran rough like it was missing, after 2 blocks the truck ran great plenty of boost and ran great. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be and if it will be an easy or difficult fix. Any thought on this would be greatly appretiated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats just it i dont have much more information on the truck then that. It is a truck that i am thinking about buying. It fired right up and sounded like normal at idle. backed out of the drive way and as soon as i started driving it was cutting out or running rough. Drove two blocks and it cleared up and drove great. It actually felt like it had more power then my 2004 but it has been sitting in the barn with a bent frame for 2 months so i may just be out of practice.
The current owner told me he has owned it since 2005 and has had to replace the number 7 injector and that something had broke off the oil filter or oil filter housing/tube and fell down and took out the oil pump. He said it has ran fine since the repairs that was about 2 years ago. he told me the truck has always ran rough until it got good and warm. I am not a mechanic but i have owned a 6.0 diesel for 6 years and know thats not right.
I guess my question is would this truck be worth buying. It is a 2003 f250 crew cab lariat with a 133,000 miles for 9500.00 bucks. I dont mind spending the money as long as im going to have a good reliable truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts