Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 6.0 Liter. The other day i got in it ann tried to start it up. The starter was dragging like the batterys were low. So i plugged it in and let it charge all day Saturday and Saturday night. I got in it Sunday and it was doing the same thing. So i took the batterys out and had them tested. They were perfect. So i took the starter off and had it tested, it was also perfect. I am at a loss for words here.. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Check the solenoid, and all other conections for loose, or corroded terminals. That's all I can think of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it all checked yesterday, good starter, good solenoid, and starter. There is no corrision on any of the connections. It really has me banging my head..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am not knocking the parts stores for properly testing the starters but when they test them they simply just attach pos & neg. & see if they spin up but they don't have anyway to check the torque like when they are attached to the eng. I had some trks. in w/ similar concerns & the customer stated the starter was already tested & when I tested the amperage w/ the starter attached to the trk. it failed & wound up installing a new starter & sent them on their way. These eng. need alot of amperage to turn them over even though they are a gear reduction starter.They are so small & i'm amazed on how they do such a fine job of turning them over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts