Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I picked up a set of power fold tow mirrors (and fold relay) off a 2013 king ranch that I hope to put on my 2002. I think I have read every thread on the internet about this and looked at 10000 diagrams Before I finally found a diagram that matches mine. Part of the problem is I got the plugs off the door harness so I have been looking for door harness wiring diagrams rather than the mirror itself. I also have a 12v power Supply on my workbench app I have been testing everything t there. My big issue is I can’t get the mirrors to go up or down. They go left/right, they extend, and I haven’t tested fold. But I kind of need up/down. Anybody have any experience with the newer mirrors? a wiring diagram of the inside of the mirrors?
It was a king ranch and had memory for the seats at least, I think that includes the seats, pedals, steering column, and mirrors. I’m not sure if that is adding some complexity or less straightforward. They are reversible DC motors, power to the right two wire should make them go!!!

thanks
Jason

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I figured it out. The up/down required a third wire in the mix and the marker light and turn signal each have their own pair. I’ll post my notes when I get them all sorted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts