Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone well versed on the operation and diagnostics of the keyfobs for the 2002 trucks? I have just bought a 2002 F250 XLT that came with 2 non chip keys and had 2 key fobs hanging off them which neither work. I changed the batteries and they did not work. So I purchased 2 new key fobs which also did not work. So than I tried to reprogram the remotes (Press unlock and cycle key 8 times). Truck enters programming mode, locks cycle, try to push a button on all 4 remotes, none will respond. Tried to disconnect the batteries for about an hour and still got no response. The only thing I have not conducted is unplugging and re-plugging in the VSM module. I do have the premium Forscan app but no where in the app does it specify about the VSM module or key programming. Does anyone have any insight on how to resolve this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Is anyone well versed on the operation and diagnostics of the keyfobs for the 2002 trucks? I have just bought a 2002 F250 XLT that came with 2 non chip keys and had 2 key fobs hanging off them which neither work. I changed the batteries and they did not work. So I purchased 2 new key fobs which also did not work. So than I tried to reprogram the remotes (Press unlock and cycle key 8 times). Truck enters programming mode, locks cycle, try to push a button on all 4 remotes, none will respond. Tried to disconnect the batteries for about an hour and still got no response. The only thing I have not conducted is unplugging and re-plugging in the VSM module. I do have the premium Forscan app but no where in the app does it specify about the VSM module or key programming. Does anyone have any insight on how to resolve this issue? Thanks
Just get an alarm system. Not only should you have one on a 6.0, it fixes the problem.... I'd do a remote start system myself (I did).

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitely would but this thing is a stick so I can’t even get remote start for it as easily as you could. That’s why I want my remotes to work

·
Registered
7 Posts
I definitely would but this thing is a stick so I can’t even get remote start for it as easily as you could. That’s why I want my remotes to work
I know this is an old post but I have some insight. I have an 03 F250 SD 4x4 Crew Cab, just bought it actually. Wanted to add some options that it did not come with from the factory, such as FORD Auto Lamps, adjustable pedals for my wife, and keyless FOBS for easy entry.

Finally figured out that this vehicle has no VSM module. Looking into what i can do to install one to get the Auto Lamps (runs through the VSM i found out) and keyless entry options on the truck.

I absolutely HATE aftermarket options, however, the reply by 6riders above has me leaning towards newer tech and perhaps I get a bit more than i originally wanted with Auto Lamps, door locks, remote start, and maybe some type of integration to allow remote features not considered in 2003.

Please let me know what you found out.

My research shows that the VSM, if you have one, should be to the right of the fuel pedal and above the tranny hump, just under the dash. I have not verified with anyone that the location is accurate yet.

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts