Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 f-250 7.3 4x4 automatic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need professional help to diagnose loss power on a 2002 F250 7.3. Heard a pop in the engine compartment after doing 100,000 general maintenance, almost like a backfire in a gas engine. After that loss of power, especially uphill, takes several minutes to get to top speed of 55. . I live around Dayton, Ohio if anyone knows where I could take it to have it scanned. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,653 Posts
usually a pop can mean one of the boots came off the intercooling piping. common on powerstrokes due to the ccv system allowing oil mist to build up and oil makes things slippery. open your hood and let the engine cool and start grabbing alkl the rubbery type clamps on the tubing and see if you find a loose one. It could be cleaned and put back on and snugged up or SOME cases they rip/tear and need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Agreed, usually a boot. Had an Air Conditioner compressor fail that felt similar. Was locked up and draggin on the engine hard. Also had an air conditioner compressor fail and prevent an ISX from starting. Was quite comical to show the Customer that one.

·
Premium Member
9,600 Posts
And,,,,, there's really no reason to not be able to scan it yourself ;)

My Usual Scanner Advice;

If you're gonna keep & maintain the truck yourself I strongly suggest you get access to the special scanner software you need to do it.

To retrieve most of the codes you'll need to help and even do some testing look at the FORscan Lite or TorqueApp (you add an Android device and Blue Tooth Adapter for @ $30) OR the Windoze version with a USB adapter. I like this one for BT Android -> http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-34t5-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/

Just a few years ago you needed to buy a professional scan tool because our trucks need to have a scanner with a Library containing both the Ford Proprietary AND the Diesel Specific codes in it. Add to that, our trucks are Not, specifically, OBD-II so the Generic scanners the Auto Parts Stores have are of little use to us. But today there are some very good App based tools, that are close to what the pro tools do, for fraction of the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts