Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
I know a lil something about custom Excursions...

This was the '04 that Funkmaster Flex built on the TLC Show, Rides, for Orange County Choppers. I bought it at a charity auction and had it for a few years before I sold it but NOT before I put a ton of money in it!

Just noticed the '08 mirrors on yours too...nice touch!

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I know a lil something about custom Excursions...

View attachment 771752

This was the '04 that Funkmaster Flex built on the TLC Show, Rides, for Orange County Choppers. I bought it at a charity auction and had it for a few years before I sold it but NOT before I put a ton of money in it!

Just noticed the '08 mirrors on yours too...nice touch!
Thanks, it鈥檚 coming together.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Next I am going to be doing the interior and upgrading gears. Almost 100% sure we are going with Katzkin auto leather, something darker maybe similar to King Ranch? Also going to do gears, any suggestions? I know there is a lot of discussion on 4;10 vs. 4:30 and I can't make up my mind. Vehicles primary purpose is sporting events for the kids and highway trips. We do tow a 10,000lb. trailer multiple times a year. The towing is what makes me want to do gears, truck is on 35's and I have to take it out of overdrive when towing. It struggles in the mountains as well. With that said I still want to be able to do 80 comfortably unloaded and 70+ loaded. Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Registered
I've been running 4.30's with 35's for two years...the gearing is a little too deep for 35's (RPM's are a bit too high at interstate speed), but I'm going to 37's soon and it should be perfect. I'd stick with 4.10's for 35's.

Registered
Next I am going to be doing the interior and upgrading gears. Almost 100% sure we are going with Katzkin auto leather, something darker maybe similar to King Ranch? Also going to do gears, any suggestions? I know there is a lot of discussion on 4;10 vs. 4:30 and I can't make up my mind. Vehicles primary purpose is sporting events for the kids and highway trips. We do tow a 10,000lb. trailer multiple times a year. The towing is what makes me want to do gears, truck is on 35's and I have to take it out of overdrive when towing. It struggles in the mountains as well. With that said I still want to be able to do 80 comfortably unloaded and 70+ loaded. Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Thanks.
I went with Katzkin Leather heated and cooled seats I went light with the Biscuit Leather. Definitely worth the money.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I've been running 4.30's with 35's for two years...the gearing is a little too deep for 35's (RPM's are a bit too high at interstate speed), but I'm going to 37's soon and it should be perfect. I'd stick with 4.10's for 35's.
Thank you for the info. I always thought 4:10 would get me back to stock and with the power adders I have should make a nice pulling truck. I鈥檓 thinking 4:10.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Yes for sure. We had an Expedition forever ago that way and loved it. Not sure if we would go that way now because we fold down two of the middle seats and the dogs lay there. Rottweiler and Mastiff and then the alpha boy at the time sits in the 3 rd seat and the two others sit in the 3rd row. All of our luggage or gear goes in the way back. My wife want the captains seats and it鈥檚 her truck but I鈥檓 not sure it would work well for us?

Registered
Gotcha, use what fits your needs! I have a 2002 EX with quad captains. I like it better than the middle bench on my previous excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
4 captains chairs is nice! Guess dogs would be good on the floor? Not sure where to find them either?

Registered
2014 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Cool build you have here, you surely choose an aggressive tire. I've heard a lot of good stuff about this Nitto tire model, a lot of my friends are running it on their rigs as well. Looks like you're up for an all-terrain adventure.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts