Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting a new thread to share my 2002 Excursion 7.3 4x4 Limited. I bought the truck about 5 years ago for my family, it's our vacation, grocery getter, football, wrestling, hunting, towing, etc. vehicle. This is our families 2nd Excursion and hopefully we will have it as long as we are around? Anyway I had plans for it as soon as I bought it. It was a nice clean truck with under 200,000 miles on it and completely stock. I had all the tan painted white, new grill, headlights and an LED light bar installed. Then we put a 4" BDS lift with Fox shocks Rock Star III wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35X13.50x 20 tires. Also to get the most out of the 7.3 we added the Banks 6 gun tuner and transmission kit, as well as Banks intake and turbo waste
gate adapter. We then went with a 4" turbo back exhaust with a hi-flow muffler and done.

Brian
So here we are 4 years later and about 60-70,000 miles later and she needs an update. The factory and aftermarket paint is beginning to flake off some surface rust, minor and moderate is beginning to bother me. So it's time to put some money into her. Plan is to have her completely repainted, color changed, jams and all. New bumpers, headlights fog lights, mirrors, grill, wheels and I think that's it? Good news it it is currently in progress and should be done by the end of next week. I have pics and will attach of current progress and will update them as I can. Also in the very near future I am wanting to change gears to either 4.10 or 4.30 to make up for bigger tires because we do tow a toy hauler behind us sometimes. Next up will be the interior, probably Katz skins leather. Probably going to do a roof rack with side ladders down the road and I would love to do a coil over front suspension so she rides a little smoother. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Beautiful Excursion. Cant wait to see pictures when its all done. That Florida sun can be very brutal on paint!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Great build. It’s nice to see excursions getting take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the paint booth now. Getting jams done and doors. Then hood and barn doors, then they put it pack together and paint the truck.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It’s looking great! I’m interested in the interior swap you talked about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll just be doing Katzkin seat covers, probably? They come pre-made and you or an install shop removes factory leather and replaces with Katzkin leather. I have a friend who does custom upholstery, he recommended them and so did the shop who is painting the truck. Probably be a month or two before interior.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the Excursion is coming along, a day or two behind schedule but I will have her back in time for my wife for Christmas. Here are the latest pics. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Oh that color looks great! What color will the bumpers be?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well done! Looks clean and rugged...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are the later updates. Looks like I’ll get the X back on Christmas Eve. Paint done, letting it cure then the final buff. Wheels painted, mirrors mounted but aren’t working. Headlights didn’t include adapter plugs. Went with F250 Harley Davidson style headlights made for my year Excursion. Tomorrow washing underneath, then undercoating then final detail. Getting there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The wheels look amazing in person. The two tone high gloss just sets them off. I used to hate those wheels but now I think they were meant to be on that truck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts