Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, fellow Excursion Dieselers!
This is my First Question in very long time.
I am wondering if anybody has tried or knows if Garrett High Flow Non EBV Turbine Outlet can help me improve Air Flow & mileage on my 2002 EX. I know/read it is just a bolt on.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Welcome to the org! so the non ebpv is a common mod but.... It won't make a very noticeable difference in MPG. It will help a little but I was not able to find a measurable gain. Its primary purpose is they stick shut/partially shut and the EBPV can leak oil. Some even rig it up like an exhaust break etc.

The excursions are so heavy many bolt on mods will not make a measurable difference in fuel economy outside of driving easier and keeping up on maintenance. If you want a little extra oomph though without messing with chips and programmers you can buy the wicked wheel 2 turbo wheel with the non ebpv pedestal. You will see 1-3psi more boost that is totally safe for a stock truck and a very slight reduction in egts.

I run the non ebpv pedestal, high flow outlet, and the WW2 wheel currently and its a nice upgrade but you wont see a huge difference more subtle. It will greatly improve winter performance though and towing. The WW2 wheel gives just a few more psi boost but also eliminates turbo surge common with the late build 99-2003 7.3l diesel. I got rid of the non ebpv because it was frankly annoying until the truck warmed up etc.

·
Vendor
13,214 Posts
What Justin said. The typical measurable gain you'll see with the high flow outlet is slightly lower EGT's if you have an EGT probe. It's usually around 100-200* with the butterfly valve gone.

If you are interested we have genuine Garrett parts in stock, along with Dieselsite Wicked Wheels and KC Turbos billet wheels.

Give us a call tomorrow or email if you have any other questions. [email protected] or 419-980-5371

This one below is a really nice upgrade with the upgraded turbine wheel.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts