Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Maddawg
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, it's been a while since I've been on the forum!

My sister and brother in law bought a 2002 Excursion with 187k miles on it. Been sitting for 2 years but fired right up with a fresh set of batteries. No codes in the computer. (Matco Maxgo scanner)

But, now about ever 10-14 days it will not want to start while they are about in town. No tach movement. Swap out for a new CPS and it fires right up.

Did it at church one Wednesday and we didn't have a spare yet so I cleaned the old one and stuck it in and it worked.

I've ohmed out the harness and it was clear. I'm kinda at a loss on what to do now.....

This is in dry or raining conditions, it's not the idm and it's not the intermediate wiper blades. Checked that....

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
I went through this on mine. It wasn't the CPS but the IPR valve. I described it as a warm no start or hot no start with no rhyme or reason. I was changing the CPS all the time...but it wasn't the problem. Mine was the IPR valve sticking when it was hot..and the time it took to change the CPS was allowing it to cool and become unstuck..and then starting. I have a thread here detailing my headache. I'm not saying that is your issue, but it sounds very familiar.

·
The Maddawg
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went through this on mine. It wasn't the CPS but the IPR valve. I described it as a warm no start or hot no start with no rhyme or reason. I was changing the CPS all the time...but it wasn't the problem. Mine was the IPR valve sticking when it was hot..and the time it took to change the CPS was allowing it to cool and become unstuck..and then starting. I have a thread here detailing my headache. I'm not saying that is your issue, but it sounds very familiar.
That makes sense to me. I'll check it

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts