Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 Ford 7.3 and I have a quick question. It has one of those DP tuners on it and when I go to selection 1 on the switcher, it lugs and the turbo doesn't even spool, and when I go to three, it puts me through the seat. The check engine light is on and no code reader I have can read it. You are my last hope before I sell it hah could the tuner be causing this or is it something major like injectors?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I just bought a 2002 Ford 7.3 and I have a quick question. It has one of those DP tuners on it and when I go to selection 1 on the switcher, it lugs and the turbo doesn't even spool, and when I go to three, it puts me through the seat. The check engine light is on and no code reader I have can read it. You are my last hope before I sell it hah could the tuner be causing this or is it something major like injectors?
Is selection 1 a smoke tune?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it hardly does anything in selection 1. I'm guessing selection 3 is a race tune because I can feel it being hard on my tranny. Selection 2 drives like a 02 7.3 should. So I don't understand.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Position 1 could be the "Drive thru tune" I have it on mine. Does the engine quieten down when you switch from position 2 back to 1 at idle. If it does, then it is the drive thru tune and is not suppose to have any power. Actually you should only keep it there for like 5 min. max.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch! That makes complete sense! That never clicked and yes it does lol like REALLY quite. Almost like a gasser lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts