Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good exhaust systems and Intake Systems for 2002 7.3, looking for something for better mpg and sound too. Thx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any improvement in gas mileage and performance, what mpg do you get and what intake are you using or recommend?

·
Registered
25 Posts
mbrp makes a good exhaust kit with the downpipe. if you want a cheap intake system, do the tymar. if money isnt a concern, the s&b intake is solid, and keeps dry pretty well, even with the zoodad mod.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Love the MBRP 4" system on my truck (turbo back dual system), combined with the 6637 filter. Haven't drove it enough to notice mileage gains or anything, but now I feel obliged to open it up a bit more so it's hard to say, lol.

I noticed a moderate difference in power, more than I thought I would, plus it sounds great!

·
Registered
796 Posts
i went with a banks system on my 02.. you wont too many good things about banks around here but i like them and enjoy doing business with them. my exhaust sounds great and its easy to install.

BANKS POWER 4" Exhaust w/ Power Elbow

·
Registered
513 Posts
Heck yeah about the Banks I just put in the stinger plus system with the power elbow friggen truck rips now I love it. Wicked easy to install too!!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have heard bullydog's exhaust on a 7.3 and it does sound bad.

·
Supporting Vendor
280 Posts
Don't expect any mileage gains from an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2002 CC F250 and I'm running the 4" Turbo Back MBRP kit with 5" stainless tip.

I love it, it is quiet inside but from the outside it sounds really nice

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did a budget job on mine in it works great and sounds even better. The turbo screams and the wast-gate /blow-off valve swooshes.

I was going to may a DIY Tymar intake but when I was at Pep-Boys, they had a kit for $100 and it was CA C.A.R.B. legal which is a plus for smog reasons. It also comes with an Airbox for "Cold Air"

For the exhaust, I did a Silverline muffler to a 5" dump.

All in all I spent $100 on the intake and $125 on the exhaust installed.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts