Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to the forum and have been digging around all over the interweb trying to find a way to hook up the ford upfitter switches in my truck. I've seen alot of people saying that I can swap the lower dash piece for the 05 style and then do it but I haven't been able to find the lower dash piece. I would also be fine with integrating it into the 01 dash if I could find the right directions and pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi,

I have a similar thread labeled toggle switch, a few people said the 05 up fitter's will fit, if you go to eBay and search you'll find some generic use up fitters, that will fit into the small cubby hole next to the radio. as far as wiring I haven't quite hammered that one out yet. but my assumption is it won't be terribly hard. The eBay switches come with a fuse panel to mount inside the dash somewhere. I'm going to tackle this project myself here shortly if you don't get it figured out before i finish i'll throw some pictures up for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you for that. Right now I'm just hooking up a light bar but I want to go ahead and put the upfitter in for my future additions. Any pictures would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i'm walking my local salvage tomorrow, if i find one with up fitters i'll snap some wiring photos', and various what nots, might help. i'm looking to do similar with light bar and what nots, but any who. good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did it and mounted and ran everything in the stock upfitter spots. stock fuses, stock relay mount location everything. I had the f650 under dash so I cut out the mount for the upfitters and ford TBC and mounted them both, so I have the 6.0 trailer brake controller and upfitters and they are all wired using factory bits and pieces

1 - 6 of 6 Posts