Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just had a 2001 F350 7.3, manual tranny, 4x4 come in the shop. Owner said truck would just randomly die. Drove truck and it would die while driving. When it would do this I let off accelerator pedal for a split second and then pressed on the pedal and truck took right off. Has a new fuel filter, no lack of power when you punch it. Hooked scan tool up, it said we had a bad cam sensor. Changed the sensor, put in the grey one with silver steel hold clamp. Checked with scan tool, cleared codes. Took for a drive again and it still does it, no codes either. Acts like the key is shut off when driving. Can the accelerator pedal do this possibly? Not sure what to check next. Injectors all test good, good oil pressure etc., on scan tool while driving. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine is doing something similar but I get the wait to start light, Water in fuel and check engine light on for a few seconds when it does it. I would swap the peddle since you already ordered it and see if that works. There is an IVS idle validation switch on there that could be causing it. Do you hear something click under the dash when it does it?
That is exactly what is going on with one I'm working on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it happen when using intermittent setting on windshield wipers? I had read about the delay wiper setting interfering with the CPS signal and I honestly thought it sounded a bit far-fetched until I experienced it first-hand. … just a thought

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
That is exactly what is going on with one I'm working on.
Mine ended up being the exhaust back pressure sensor. I unplugged it for a few weeks didn't have an issue and then plugged it back in and it started again. So I changed the EBPS and it was the issue. Never had another issue for the rest of the time I owned it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts