Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well after years of thinking about it I got all the parts and started the year down today. Going to Full Force stage 1.5 injectors, Hydra chip, KC300X 63/73 turbo, EBPV delete pedestal, fuel bowl o-rings, and fuel and oil lines because everything is out of the way.

Started the tear down and if I could go find the person that designed the up pipe clamp and put it where they did I’d think of something mean to do to them 🙂.

I’m 6’7” so I can reach a lot in the engine compartment but a topside creeper has to be the best tool for this job, I bought one so I’m happy.

Day 1, turbo and associated parts are out. Looks like I had a mouse living in there at one point.

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow!!! Ok it’s all done. I can’t believe what a difference. I think this has been needed to be done since I bought it. I’d never understood why people like diesels, I sure do now!!! Used to have to floor it to get over 70mph, now a gentle tap gets me going 90. And I think it gets better mileage too. Had a few bad orings....

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Makes a world of difference don't it lol. I went from 17 mpg to 21 mpg. 02 7.3 ebpv delete, pedestal, wicked wheel stage 1 injectors 3.5 in down pipe bellowed up pipes 4 in straight pipe. 3.5 intake and a ts 6 position. This is my 3rd 7.3, the first was a plain jane bone stock no turbo 91 350 5spd cc lb dly 10 mpg maxed out at 85 lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im thinking about doing similar with my '01 7.3 F350. Its bone stock currently, and has 280k miles, so Im wondering if its worth it??? How many miles did yours have?

Hi,

Well after years of thinking about it I got all the parts and started the year down today. Going to Full Force stage 1.5 injectors, Hydra chip, KC300X 63/73 turbo, EBPV delete pedestal, fuel bowl o-rings, and fuel and oil lines because everything is out of the way.

Started the tear down and if I could go find the person that designed the up pipe clamp and put it where they did I’d think of something mean to do to them 🙂.

I’m 6’7” so I can reach a lot in the engine compartment but a topside creeper has to be the best tool for this job, I bought one so I’m happy.

Day 1, turbo and associated parts are out. Looks like I had a mouse living in there at one point.

Jason

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im thinking about doing similar with my '01 7.3 F350. Its bone stock currently, and has 280k miles, so Im wondering if its worth it??? How many miles did yours have?
I had 240k miles. Worth it? It will make you truck way more livelier, like day and night different. I can run down people trying to pass me on the right towing a 6k lbs trailer. Depends on your application. Mine is a weekend truck for towing and hauling, it’s a toy. after $10k in parts it’s still a 20yo old truck but kicks a** now. A new 6.7 would be a better choice, even more power and all the new comforts (quiet?) if you can swing it but it’s 3x the price for a used one, but you know...payments make a lot bearable.
I’m a little bitter because I had a rear axle go bad and I screwed up replacing it, 2005 axle needed 17” rims, and ended up having to buy new “cool kid” rims and tires that met my teenagers approval :) That was an extra $3k for axle rims and tires, so that kind of hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts