Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, everyone. I'm Iustinius, and I own an '01 350 with a 7.3. Last fall I finished an LED conversion on the truck whereby I removed anything that was incandescent, and replaced it with an LED. So far, results have been quite satisfactory. There is only one lingering issue that is safety related, and has given me concern. I've included a video for your reference. To summarize, after swapping the turn signal relay to a Novita EP27, with either the parking lights or main lights on, the turn signals alternate between half-power and full-power. Normally, most issues I see on the internet are related to hyper-flash. I cannot imagine I am the only person to load LED signals, so if anyone has a idea, I would be grateful.

Thank You.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow... Only 134k miles. She's still a baby!!!

Where in SC are you? I'm in Savannah. Are you in the low country or the other state they also call SC?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
You need a little more load on the flash circuit, why not just add the resistors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I felt that adding resistors mostly defeated the purpose of converting to LEDs. I'm curious if the Novita flasher relay was a poor selection, but I also tried another brand to no avail.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
The main purpose of led lighting in a vehicle is for brightness and reliability
power saving is usually not an issue because of the alternator power supply
unless you are running lights for an extended time with the engine off

There is aslo a problem with some led units causing a backfeed, but this can be easily alleviated with a diode

1 - 7 of 7 Posts