Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Steel Bender
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally OUT of California and back in Texas. I bought the listed Excursion new in 2001 and now has 200,000 miles on it. It has all the bells and whistles and still runs great. I am now ready to get rid of all the California emissions trash to let this thing breathe and hopefully get better gas mileage.
I am already looking into the DP tuner and new 4" exhaust. Is there an aftermarket exhaust manifold for the Excursion? I am planning to upgrade the transmission and TC as well. I plan to add-a-leaf suspension to the front and maybe Firestone Ride Rite airbags to the rear with sway bar. I want to bump up to 100hp over stock and be ready to tow a horse trailer. No lift other than what I get from the add-a-leaf. I will not race the truck.

Any information and advice on recommended mods to include specifics on parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds good, you sent me a PM about acweek or so ago, did I ever respond I can't remember?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
IIRC, the California stuff is just a glow plug control module that gives the computer control of each glow plug individually. No performance to be gained by changing it.

Start with the basics. Intake, exhaust, gauges and a tuner or chip.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
double post delete mods :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts