·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2001 with 214k miles
tymar intake
4"diamond eye exhaust
edge cts evolution
the truck seems to be having a prob it has lost all its power at take off. like i am afraid to turn in front of someone cause of its slow take off... it wasnt like this when i first got it ......also my turbo shutters when towing and going up a hill

my ? is what can i do with my cts to diagnose my prob

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Have you checked the intercooler boots for boost leaks?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Start with the simple stuff first. Check your air, fuel and oil filters. Not familiar with the CTS but if you could check ICP and boost it would help.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
boost on the highway with it hammered to floor is around 18psi cruising on highway doing 65ish boost is 0-2psi

didnt really see much soot on turbo pipes

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Fuel pressure possibly.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its not a stock truck......

and what kind of diagnosis can I do with my edge CTS????? fuel pressure ???can it be checked by the cts?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Fuel pressure needs it's own gauge. No OEM sensor.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Could be the pedal sensor. I swapped mine cause either was acting kinda the same way( I had already checked fuel pressure, icp, air filter ect ...) and it made a world of difference. But you really need it on a good data logger or scanner to see what the computer is seeing as far as throttle pedal position....-

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could be the pedal sensor. I swapped mine cause either was acting kinda the same way( I had already checked fuel pressure, icp, air filter ect ...) and it made a world of difference. But you really need it on a good data logger or scanner to see what the computer is seeing as far as throttle pedal position....-
i thouhjt the edge cts could data log

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
I don't know exactly what it can do, but I know it can't do throttle position sensing...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also fuel mileage has went to ****..... i have changed the map sensor and waste-gate solenoid ,,,,,,, and when in park if i rev it up like to 2500 rpm or so it barley gets 1-2 psi of boost ..... any help asap please im leaving for a road trip thurs.... also checked all intercooler lines and boots and all are good..... how can i check for a boost leak????

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
also fuel mileage has went to ****..... i have changed the map sensor and waste-gate solenoid ,,,,,,, and when in park if i rev it up like to 2500 rpm or so it barley gets 1-2 psi of boost ..... any help asap please im leaving for a road trip thurs.... also checked all intercooler lines and boots and all are good..... how can i check for a boost leak????
you won't get boost sitting still. Gotta load up the motor.
pressurize the system to check for leaks

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so i pressure tested it and it held pressure with no leaks....... what else could it be?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
too many possibilities til you scan it. if boost is normal, turbo is ok, as is probably fuel delivery. possibly fuel timing, or heui pressure

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Ebpv stuck closed?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts