Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 7.3 supercab short bed with a 8" lift, 37x12.5x22r's wheels, Edge chip (on economy mode) intake and four inch turbo back, and get at best 12.7 MPG. I need to know if regearing this thing will help with my **** fuel milage. Has anyone HAD EXPERIANCE regearing a similar ford, and gotten better fuel milage. I have heard everyone opinion, but need to know for a fact if regearing will make my MPG better. THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT. (ps im not worried aout the price of regearing.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I tend to average about 12.3MPG or so myself. I have a 6 pos bully dog set on to the enconomy mode as well. I know my milage is lousy because i don't get on the freeway much so my milage is down because of that. Maybe driving tendancies could be a factor as well. I think about 45-55 seems to be the sweet spot for optimum MPG. Anything above or below is going to affect MPG as well. When on the freeway if I go above about 66mph and my RPMs are at about 2000RPM, then I really notice the drop in fuel economy. I also have stock size tires as well and running swampers will also kill your fuel economy.

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
Going to a 4.30 gear with that size tire would help quite a bit IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts