Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno:We are coming back from vacation and pulling our camper when the turbo really starts to whine alot and the exhaust temp is now way up and blue smoke is coming out of the exhaust. also the exhaust has a bunch of black soot on it at the exit of the pipe. Is it the turbo or what. Truck still making power but getting more and more smoke. Even at idle it smokes light blue. Thanks Wayne:dunno:

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Welcome to ORG! ! ! not sure of the cause of your problem but possibly a leaking injector o-ring possibly but as far as high EGT's do you have straight through exhaust or still have CAT AND MUFF??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has 4 inch exhaust muff only. It has codes 470 478 and 1211 on it. exhuast back pressure problems. Also has banks six gun on truck and superchips controller. Starts fine and idles fine but lost of light blue smoke.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i bet your ebp senosor is sooted up. its on the front of the motor and has a metal tube coming out of it.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
It has 4 inch exhaust muff only. It has codes 470 478 and 1211 on it. exhuast back pressure problems. Also has banks six gun on truck and superchips controller. Starts fine and idles fine but lost of light blue smoke.
You said Exh Bac Probs does the exhaust sound funny if so could be a Stuck EBPV(Exhaust Back Pressure Valve) and another problem IMO I wouldn't stack a Superchips and Banks together get those out of there CLEAR the Codes and see how it runs then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would a exhaust back pressure valve cause the it to get a high pitch wine out of motor while making it work. Also the light blue smoke could be a bad injector and they just went bad at the same time. Would the stuck injector or the EBPV cause the high temps. The tuners have been working great together for 85000 miles. Thanks Wayne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pulled super tuner out, pulled off ebpv and tube. Tube was really pretty clean. putting back together now. now what??? Wayne

·
Registered
659 Posts
yes the ebpv will make a high pitch and i bet on the bad oring on the injector for the smoking issue.the ebp sensor will not make it smoke or wine.no matter what is on it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
unhook the electric plug on your turbo it is the only one there and i bet the high pitch noise goes away

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unhooking plug next.

I have it all together now and I'm going to un hook turbo for the wine. Next is the injector o-ring:dunno: How do I locate which one. Or do you just replace all of them?:doh: Thanks again, Wayne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay another Idea???

It is really getting more smoke out there. Could this be my turbo Giving up the ghost. Really smokes alot when you let off and boost drops. And I mean really smokes. Thanks Wayne:dunno::dunno::dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts