Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 7.3 is leaking diesel around the fuel filter housing, I replaced the water drain valve today, still leaking the same. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
is it leaking form the o-ring for the fuel filter on top.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
i would buy the o-rings kit from dieselorings and reseal the whole fuel bowl. if you dont want the kit you can get the individual o-rings.

if your in a pinch you can use a cut piece of rubber hose instead of the vibra lock orings it requires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I use it as my daily driver/company truck. Do you know if it's a ford dealer only part or can I get it at a local parts house? Thanks for your input, do you happen to know the part #?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
yea I use it as my daily driver/company truck. Do you know if it's a ford dealer only part or can I get it at a local parts house? Thanks for your input, do you happen to know the part #?
Either buy the ford parts for the fuel line o rings. Or go to dieselorings . Com to order them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. After having a nights rest and daylight, I discovered the fuel filter cap is busted, seems like a common problem as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts