Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:
I'm new to the forum. Today I'm working on my 2000 F-350 Lariat LE
4x4 Dually. My truck is pretty much stock except for a power bed cover &
a Cobra CB Radio. Hope to work on some mods to increase the fuel milage on
the 7.3 over the next couple of months.
What I'm hoping someone can help me with is the correct procedure to remove the axle shaft from the Passenger Rt Front. I have got everything off, down past the hub bearing assembly. I have the knuckle seal out....
The Factory Shop manual makes it sound like you just pull the axle shaft out,
but it seems it only moves a quarter inch or so endplay. I did not want to get out the big hammer & prybar and tear something up. Is there a clip in the differential that needs to be removed ? This whole project was started to
replace a bad hub / bearing assembly . I figured that I would replace the knuckle seal and the dust seal on the axle while I was at it.
I look forward to hearing from Y'all , & any suggestions anyone can pass along will be greatly appreciated !

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts
Howdy and :ORG welcome:

Don't know if you have it out yet or not but what I do is take couple of big screwdrivers or prybars and pry behind the dust seal to get the axle out. there is no clip that needs to be removed, and if you already have the seal in the knuckle removed the only thing it will damage is the dust seal, but since you are replacing anyways you should be good to go.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,721 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,315 Posts
Welcome to the org.! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
:ORG welcome: from :tex:

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.