Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas I just replaced my motor in my 2000 7.3 f350. I been having a bit of knocking which I am guessing is air in the fuel system I have a air dog fuel pump I got most of the air out I could, just priming it but I still see the knocking alittle bit at high rmp. So I decided to just drive it around and see if that could help get the rest of the air out. around town I can't get my truck to go above 150(it's about 90 degrees outside) my egts are about 400 just cruising around at 45. I have a upgraded hpop and intercooler so I am guessing that's probably normal. I took it on the freeway today for about 25 min and saw only about 160 and my egts where chilling at 900 going about 80 mph at 2100 rpms which is pretty high with no weight my egts will go down to 750 going about 75 mph at 1800 rpm I have a bigger turbo it's a garret gtp 38r I believe. I have upgraded air cooling chamber and power hungry tuner. I had in the old motor 200 over injector I now am just running stock ad injectors with factory tunes I ran a injector test everything is passing. I have a fuel gauge hooked to the back of the fuel bowl and at idle it will stay at about 45 psi in first second and third it will get up to about 50psi in fourth fifth and six gear it's about 43psi to 46psi

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check for boost leaks and up pipe leaks to start

Sent from my iPhone using
Check for boost leaks and up pipe leaks to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I put the motor in I pulled the cab off the up pipes are brand new after market and everything going to the turbo was checked for leaks before putting the cab back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.