Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 F250 4x4 with 6 speed manual 3 weeks ago. The truck has 106000 miles on it. I started having intermittent problems with the truck losing power. It never ran rough or smoked, it was just very slow revving like it wasn't getting enough fuel. Shut the truck down and it ran fine for a week. I have changed the oil and fuel filter. About a week ago the problem started again but this time the truck would randomly go to idle with SES light on. The diesel shop pulled a TPS code (not sure of # now). I replaced the pedal assembly with a new OEM part. The truck ran fine for a few miles and is back to doing the same thing. The truck will run like normal after setting all night but only for about 1/2 mile then lack of power and randomly returning to idle when shifting. Sorry for the long post but would appreciate some guidance.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
will need the codes to help? just a lot of guessing til then. Maybe some scanner info like icp pressures?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Maybe try a new cps first. They are known to go, and even if its not the problem, having a spare is a good thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Codes are as follows:

P0122 - TP Sensor A Circuit low
P0221 - THr/Pedal position sensor/switch B

Truck runs like a raped ape for a mile or two now and then has about 20% power. No smoke of any kind. Sounds normal but won't rev and no power. Truck thows a code as soon as foot pedal is released.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help!:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the quick response. Pedal assembly was replaced last friday with an OEM pedal from Ford. Problem persists with same code as the old pedal. You mentioned proper calibration? I did disconnect both batteries as suggested (somewhere I read this!) I haven't been able to locate a calibration procedure. Thanks again for everyone's help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled and cleaned connectors and pins on pcm this morning and reset power. Truck ran better longer but back to the same low power but with no codes this time. Any ideas?:dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I try a different PCM from an 01 F350 with auto tranny to see if the problem goes away, or will it not operate with my 6 Speed? Sorry for all the questions, my hair is rapidly disappearing!:crazy:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Either you recieved a defective pedal, or you have a short in your wiring. I have a few spare pedals, pay shipping and Ill send you one to try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really appreciate the offer. A friend has an 01 with a known good pedal. If I can find a time he can be without his truck for a little while, I'll try it. Again, that's really nice of you to offer.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
no worries! Just to let you know, there were 2 different throttle pedals in the 7.3 trucks. 99 and early 00 use a different TPS than the later trucks! Might want to ensure his connector is the same before you pull it out! Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate the help. Finally found the problem. The PCM is bad. I borrowed a good PCM and the truck runs great. Where is the best place to buy a PCM or have one rebuilt?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
dp-tuner.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts